High performance materials and structure
- Damage tolerance
- Durability, fatigue
- Dynamic behavior
- Mechanical/environmental coupling
- Materials for cryogenic applications
- Fire resistant Materials
- Finite element simulation (sizing, dynamic Simulation)
- Functionalization materials and development process
- Characterization (from the test tube to the structure)
Examples of accomplishments
- design, sizing and validation of a removable, fully carbon composite, aerobatic wing for the E-Fan 1.0 (Airbus Group Innovations electric aircraft).
- Identification of the mechanisms governing the durability, under operational and accidental stresses, of materials constituting LNG vats.