The energy sector is one of the strategic development axes of recoll. The materials required for energy applications are requested in extreme conditions, both on mechanical properties and temperatures (high temperatures and cryogenic temperatures) and this is associated with very long life High.
Recoll to meet these technical requirements has invested in specific and unique test means in France:
- Static test benches (7x5x4 m) for testing on large structures
- Mechanical test means, up to 120 tonnes, under cryogenic conditions (-170 °c)
- Accelerated ageing tests with immersion in fluids (solvents or flammable compounds)
Recoll is involved in the development of new projects incorporating bonding technologies, insulating mastics or thermal or electrical conductive materials.
Recoll performs numerous tests on composites, glues, plywood, insulating foams, putties, joints,… In order to qualify these products for the operators in connection with the large order-makers who design the systems.
The R&D Pole: Learn More
Recoll is committed to internal R&D, through collaborative projects (regional, national and European) and services (B2B) for customers of the energy sector to bring to the materials and systems all the benefits of innovations as well Developed. The research axes developed at Recoll are:
- Repair solutions with removable structural adhesives (INDAR process)
- Maintenance on oil platforms with cold-deposited composite patch systems (cold Pad process)
- Anti-corrosion, anti-mildew, anti-scratch and shock coatings,..
- High temperature resistant glues and high pressure for drilling
- Flexible electrical and heating conductive coatings
- Compliance with new regulations and environmental requirements: management of material obsolescence, environmental impact assessment (LCA, ETV)
In its Recoll laboratories can manufacture in pilot quantities the products developed by its customers. If the quantities are large the production can be transferred to the subsidiary Stile Chemistry, which manufactures the liquid or pasty chemical products.
The Characterization Services cluster: Learn more
The energy sector controls its raw materials, under standard conditions but also with extreme conditions specific to this sector.
Pa example, for storing liquefied gases, materials are exposed to cryogenic temperatures. Recoll is equipped at its two sites in Bordeaux and Rochefort with installations allowing to do mechanical tests at-170 °c.
In addition to meet the requirements of qualification in service or for the conditions of transport recoll can carry out tests of endurance or vibration with a vibrating jar of 60 kN.
The analyses are described in detail in the "Tests" tab, below are listed some specific tests for this sector:
Materials Control and Qualification:
- Traction and compression in very low temperature (cryogenic-170 °c)
- Expansion tests at-170 °c
- Compression creep tests on foams
- Fatigue testing on composite immersion materials
- Ageing tests (climatic enclosure, salt fog) or exposure to fluids according to DO 160 (solvents, explosive products, oils, oil)
- Metallographic Characterization of metal alloys (stress corrosion, filament corrosion)
- Hardness tests on materials and micrographs of metallic materials (FHT) compression (CAI, FHC) or mechanical shear (they, CIL),
- Complete system mechanical outfit on custom-built test benches (flexural piping, transport box, metal structure)
- Vibration and temperature Systems Qualification (vibrating pot and HALT HASS)
Recoll designs and manufactures custom tools and test benches according to customers ' requests.