RESCOLL PARTENAIRE in the EUROPEAN MULTIFUNCTIONAL MATERIALS INSTITUTERescoll'Blog / 7 novembre 2011
EMMI was created in the framework of the European FP6 Network of Excellence FAME (Functional Advanced Materials and Engineering of Hybrids and Ceramics). FAME initiated a number of very successful research collaborations and educational projects, and EMMI is the main tool for durable integration of the FAME network. The main objectives of EMMI are to
• serve as a European platform for its members to create and conduct projects in research and education in the field of multifunctional materials science
• define a legal framework for joint research projects and co-owned intellectual property rights
• provide an infrastructure for information exchange, including internal and external communication tools, databases and organization of conferences, schools and meetings
• raise the profile and visibility of its members in multifunctional materials research, in order to attract new funding and projects, industrial collaborators, talented researchers and students, and political support
• develop long-term collaboration with industry partners, by offering an “adherent partner” status to industry which includes some of the services mentioned above, as well as other services
• develop roadmaps and strategic guidance for future research
The European Multifunctional Materials Institute EMMI has the legal form of a Belgian non-profit organization (AISBL, Association International Sans But Lucratif). EMMI's legal and organizational structure is defined in its Statutes and Internal Regulation. EMMI has a classical management structure with an Executive Board, headed by an Executive Director, responsible for day-to-day operations; and a Governing Board which takes all important and strategic decisions. The Governing Board consists of the Full Members, which are European universities and research organizations.
Industry companies can join EMMI as Adherent Members. They have no voting rights in the Governing Board, but they can become members in the EMMI Industry Support Group (Advisory Board). EMMI also has a Research Board and an Education Board. RESCOLL is an Adherent Member of EMMI.
EMMI is a 'Virtual Institute' in the sense that it has, apart from the annual membership fees and service fees, no own assets. The resources for its research and education activities as well as for management are provided by the Members and Partners.
For more information : http://www.emmi-materials.eu/