Rescoll involves in the 9th Meet & Match Event "Surface Technologies for Medical Devices"Rescoll’Blog / 31 août 2014
On 10th July, 2014 the 9th Meet & Match Event with the topic « Surface Technologies for Medical Devices » took place at the Novotel hotel in Karlsruhe. The event was organized by Alsace BioValley and BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg. Companies and scientists from Alsace and Baden-Württemberg presented their current state of research and ongoing projects in the field of surface technologies.
Project fundamentals on the “Development of antibacterial surface treatment on titanium, vector of controlled release antibiotic” was presented by Dr. Elodie PACARD, project coordinator.“H&M” project was funded by FUI17 and launched in June 2016. This collaborative R&D project involves CONFARMA, VOXCAN, SATT Aquitaine, Experimental Infectiology platform as partner and was jointly labeled by Lyon Biopôle and Alsace Biovalley. Infections associated with placement of implants in orthopedic surgery are serious clinical problems leading to high mortality rates. This project concern the development of surface treatment on titanium for local delivery of antibiotic ONLY if there is infection.
The aim of the Meet & Match event was to initiate collaborations between industrial and academic players from Baden-Württemberg and Alsace interested in surface technologies for medical devices. This event was a good opportunity to introduce the medical devices department of RESCOLL and to increase French and European network and recognition in surface treatment. RESCOLL offers a variety of technological services to analyze, develop, prototype and manufacture biomaterials and medical devices for orthopedic, spine, vascular and maxillofacial fields. The test laboratories are certified according to ISO 17025 (chemical, physiochemical and mechanical) and manufacturing units are certified according to ISO 13485 standards.
Program of this event:
- Hervé Pelletier, Neodip SAS, France: « Electrochemical process: an interesting way to functionalize active surfaces of medical implants »
- Dr. Christian Oehr, Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB, Stuttgart: « Coating and functionalizing surfaces of Medicinal Products – New Processes and Developments »
- Dr. Adalbert Kovacs, Limedion GmbH, Mannheim: « Metallic and ceramic coatings for medical devices deposited by vacuum based methods »
- Elodie Pacard, RESCOLL and Alexandre Mura, CONFARMA France: « Development and analysis of a novel microbial triggered antibiotic release technology for medical devices »
- Johan Foster, Adolphe Merkle Institute, Swiss: « Engineering smart nanocomposites for novel biomedical implants »
- Prof. Dr. Ursula Obst, Institute of Functional Interfaces, Karlruhe Institute of Technology: « Testing materials for biofilm formation: business and pleasure »
- Prof. Dr. Rumen Krastev, NMI Natural and Medical Sciences Institute at the University of Tübingen, Reutlingen: « Coatings for Medical Devices as Platform for Controlled Drug Delivery »
- Dr. Nadia Benkirane-Jessel, PhD, HDR, University of Strasbourg
“Smart Implants Equipped with Active Nanoreservoirs of Growth factors and Stem cells for Osteoarticular Regenerative Medicine”