Nadcap MMT (Metallic Materials Testing) certification for RESCOLLRescoll’Blog / 9 septembre 2020
RESCOLL has been certified by Nadcap for about ten years to perform tests on non-metallic materials (Nadcap NMMT), mainly composite materials used more and more in the aeronautics industry and especially in the fuselage of the Airbus A-350.
This qualification allows us to work with the main OEMs, equipment manufacturers and subcontractors in the sector in new R&D programs as well as in the follow-up of parts in manufacturing.
In order to meet again the demands of the companies of the sector, RESCOLL has just obtained a new certification from the Nadcap for the realization of tests on metallic materials (Nadcap MMT), which are the main component of the materials of an aircraft.
This new certification allows RESCOLL to present a global offer that meets the needs in characterization and analysis of materials (metallic and composite) of aeronautical companies all over the world.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org & www.rescoll.fr
Nadcap (for « National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program ») is a collaborative project created in 1990 in the United States for quality assurance in the aerospace and defense sectors. Its objective is twofold: to improve quality and to reduce costs by eliminating the duplication of the same controls at various levels.
The Nadcap program is administered by the Performance Review Institute (PRI).
Nadcap is an industry-led approach to conformity assessment that brings together technical experts who define accreditation criteria, accredit suppliers and specify operational program requirements. Nadcap enables a standardized approach to quality assurance and a reduction in unnecessary audits throughout the aerospace industry because all players, from OEMs to subcontractors, have joined forces to develop a program that :
– Establishes rigorous, consensus-based industry standards that meet the requirements of all participants
– Replaces routine vendor audits with an approved audit following a consensus decision-making process among user community members.
– Conducts technically superior and more in-depth audits of critical processes
– Improves the quality of suppliers throughout the industry through stringent criteria
– Reduces costs through better standardization
– Uses expert auditors to ensure technical knowledge of processes
– Provides more frequent audits for members, fewer audits for suppliers
Only the best companies in the global aerospace supply chain achieve Nadcap accreditation. Nadcap audits are rigorous technical assessments of compliance with customer requirements and industry standards, conducted by experts.
The Nadcap auditing and accreditation process is designed to leverage industry input on critical issues, while minimizing client workload wherever possible.